FREE Business Visual Waste Assessments
The RAMJO Resource Recovery Team are conducting FREE business waste assessments to businesses in the Riverina Waste Group Region! If you are a business located within the Albury, Balranald, Berrigan, Edward River, Federation, Murray River or Wentworth Shire Councils and are interested in finding out how to recycle more and minimise your waste costs, simply contact us.
The assessments will take up to1 hour depending on the size of the business. It involves a waste assessor looking at your waste systems and making recommendations on actions that may reduce your waste. You will receive a report within 7 business days of the waste assessment being conducted, which highlights observations and future recommendations.
- Limit use of single-use products and choose alternatives which can be used again.
- Choose products with minimal packaging.
- Keep reusable bags handy to take to the shops.
- Repair household items instead of replacing them.
- Give unwanted clothes, household items, furniture or appliances to family or friends, or donate them to charities.
- Always take a reusable cup when getting takeaway coffee.
- Make package-free lunch boxes – choose sturdy containers with multiple compartments eliminating the need for packaging and plastic wrap and consider reusable wraps to keep foods fresh.
- If purchasing something, especially clothing, try to find it second-hand or buy items containing recycled content.
- Use washed takeaway containers as stackable containers for frozen food.
- Take your own containers when getting takeaway food.
- Consider purchasing a biodegradable bamboo toothbrush rather than the plastic options.
- Find out what drop-off and recycling facilities are available in your local area. Contact your local council – see our What Goes Where page fore more information.
- Compost your organic waste.
- Say no to junk mail.